There are many different opinions about food made from fresh fruit. That’s dried fruit. Many people think that this is a very healthy food, rich in nutrients and vitamins, while many people think that it is not good because most of the nutrients have been lost in the process of drying.
So dried fruit is good or not and there are types like. We have researched and summarized this article so that you can better understand and choose which types of dried fruit are really suitable for the nutritional needs of you and your loved ones.
- First and foremost, what exactly is dried fruit?
- What are common dried fruits?
- Dried Fruit
- Dried seeds
- Dried fruit and nut mixture
First and foremost, what exactly is dried fruit?
Dried fruit had almost all of the water content removed through drying methods. The fruit shrinks during this process, leaving a small, energy-dense dried fruit. Raisins are the most common type, followed by dates, prunes, figs, and apricots.
Other varieties of dried fruit are also available, sometimes in candied form (sugar-coated). These include mangoes, pineapples, cranberries, bananas, and apples.
Dried fruit can be preserved for much longer than fresh fruit and can be a handy snack, particularly on long trips where refrigeration is not available.
What are common dried fruits?
Popular dried fruits include raisins, dates, prunes (dried plums), figs, apricots, and peaches. Fruits such as dried mango, pineapple, and berries are also available, but these tend to be dried with added sugar.
There are many different types of dried fruit available today, but they can broadly be classified as follows:
Is a method of transforming fresh, succulent fruits into crispy, spongy dried fruit pieces. When the fruit is condensed, not only the water in the fruit but also the minerals and vitamins are condensed.
There are two main production techniques:
- Vacuum frying technology – For crispy, crunchy dried fruit products.
- With porous dried fruit products, sublimation drying technology is used.
In addition, dried fruit is also divided into flexible dried fruit and crispy dried fruit. Depending on the type of fruit, there will be a suitable processing method to be able to preserve it for a long time and retain the nutrients in the best way.
Flexible Dried Fruit
It is frequently confused with dry fruit and jam. However, the reality is that these two foods differ in some ways.
Jam is a sugar-processed fruit product that has a strong sweetness and a sticky feel to it.
Dried fruit is unique in that it is processed and produced in a completely natural manner, with very little or no sugar used in the process. Dried fruit only concentrates the amount of water in fresh fruit while preserving the raw material structure and nutritional content of fresh fruit.
There are many types of fruits that are applied both dry fruit and dried fruit to form finished products such as dates, bananas, mangoes, custard-apple, plums…
The dried fruit method is also applied to fruit peels such as orange peels or grapefruit peels…
Crispy dried fruit
Crispy dried fruit is a fruit whose internal water has been drained through traditional drying techniques. Even so, crispy dried products retain essential nutrients and minerals. When you eat it, you will feel the crunchy fruit in your mouth.
Dried nuts are typical: Almonds, walnuts, pistachios, macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, cashews, peanuts, and so on. They are dried using a modern process and can be spiced to increase their delectable appeal.
Dried fruit and nut mixture
The mixture of nutritious seeds is quite diverse with the combination of many different types of seeds to bring certain functions, especially to avoid boredom when eating a nut. Suppliers of mixed nuts often incorporate nutritious nuts that bring great benefits to typical consumers such as Macadamia nuts, Pistachios, Almonds, zucchini, ……
Dried grapes green color
Why you should choose grapes is the most worth-trying dried fruit among all dried fruits. Simply because grapes are the most popular and all-natural dried fruit. Grape branches, when picked on the tree, will be directly put into the drying stage to form the finished product without adding any spices.
Raisins are high in beneficial minerals such as iron, copper, magnesium, and potassium. These are alkaline minerals that aid in the regulation of stomach acidity. When compared to other types, eating raisins on a regular basis may help reduce cardiovascular risk factors.
- Digestive Aid. Raisins are beneficial to the digestive system. They contain soluble fiber, which aids in the passage of stool through the intestines. This can aid digestion and encourage regular bowel movements.
- Avoid anemia. Raisins aid in the prevention of anemia. They are high in iron, copper, and vitamins, which are required for the formation of red blood cells and the transport of oxygen throughout the body.
- Limit the amount of acid used. Raisins are high in beneficial minerals such as iron, copper, magnesium, and potassium. These are alkaline minerals that aid in the regulation of stomach acidity.
- Reduce your chances of developing heart disease. When compared to other junk foods, eating raisins on a regular basis may help reduce cardiovascular risk factors. This is due to the fact that raisins are low in sodium and a good source of potassium.
- Combat cancerous cells. Raisins are also high in antioxidant compounds. Antioxidants in the diet are important because they can protect the body from free radical damage. Many cancers, tumor development, and aging are all linked to free radical damage.
- Keep your eyes healthy. Raisins contain polyphenols, which are antioxidants that protect eye cells from free radical damage. This can help prevent eye disorders like age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Improve your skin’s health. Antioxidants can help keep skin cells young and prevent aging cell damage. Raisins are also high in nutrients like vitamin C, selenium, and zinc. This combination of nutrients and antioxidants can be a beneficial addition to a skin-healthy diet.
- Hypoglycemia. When compared to other snacks, eating raisins on a regular basis can help lower blood sugar levels. Although raisins have more concentrated sugars than fresh fruit, with the same intake of raisins and other processed foods, raisins lower hemoglobin a1c, a management marker. blood sugar control
This means that a single serving of raisins can be a delicious way to satisfy a sweet craving.
- Eating too many raisins can quickly add up to a surplus of calories. Especially for those who need to limit their calorie intake.
- Excess soluble fiber can be caused by eating too many raisins. This causes cramping, bloating, and gas, and in some cases, diarrhea. This can only happen if you eat too many raisins.
- When giving raisins to children under the age of three, exercise caution.
Newman’s Own Organics California Pitted Prunes 6-Ounce Pouches
Prunes are another popular dried fruit that can be eaten as both a main course and as a snack. Prunes can be used to make cakes, eaten with yogurt, or eaten on their own. This is a particularly nutritious fruit.
- Dried plums can remove excess fat in the abdomen area.
- Dried plums have a weight loss effect because this fruit is rich in fiber, providing a feeling of fullness for a long time, thereby preventing the risk of overeating.
- Prunes are also rich in antioxidants that help remove free radicals from the body.
- Fighting water retention is another use of prunes, which are rich in potassium. Experts say that foods rich in potassium help excrete excess fat through the urine and fight water retention.
5. Prunes are high in soluble fiber and thus regulate blood sugar levels. Prunes also help maintain blood cholesterol levels and prevent the risk of cardiovascular disease.
6. Maintain energy, prunes are a great source of energy because of their high fiber, fructose, and sorbitol content, thereby preventing high blood sugar.
- Eating prunes also helps fight constipation, stimulates metabolism, so weight loss. Plums have a laxative effect due to their high fiber content.
There will be some risk if prunes are used excessively and incorrectly.
- Plums are high in acrylamide, a substance thought to be carcinogenic and toxic to the nervous system. Acrylamide is only visible at temperatures above 100oC. Despite the fact that dried plums are not dried at this temperature, they are still classified as foods with a high acrylamide content.
- Excessive consumption of prunes can result in diarrhea.
- Prunes contain calories. You should think about it if you’re trying to lose weight.
- When eating too much, it can cause bloating and gas.
- Because of the high sugar content, it may cause hyperglycemia.
Macadamia nuts are considered the most delicious nuts. Regarded as the “Queen of Dry Nuts”, macadamia nuts are famous for their delicious taste and nutritional value. Reducing cholesterol, preventing arteriosclerosis, and diseases related to blood pressure – cardiovascular, containing many minerals and vitamins beneficial for pregnant women and children are the great effects that macadamia nuts bring to the body. human health.
-Macadamia nuts contain a lot of natural fiber, which has a good effect on the digestive system. Rich in nutrients, calories, protein, vitamins, and minerals that are good for the heart.
-About the fat in macadamia, there is no bad cholesterol that affects health. Supports weight loss, provides many nutrients for people who are in the process of losing weight. Don’t worry about body weakness.
-·Lots of calcium, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium… to help avoid bone and joint diseases, reduce cramps. Good for pregnant women and fetuses, helping the fetus develop comprehensively in terms of brain, strong bones, and reducing the risk of birth defects.
-For those who are in the diet phase, it is recommended to eat 5 nuts in the morning and 5 nuts in the afternoon. That’s 90 calories per session of the day.
-Eat about 10-15 macadamia nuts every day to help lower cholesterol. Reduce accumulation in blood, anti-aging, healthy hair and nails
-In addition, you can modify macadamia nuts by using them to make cakes, ice cream, chocolate fillings, salad dressings, etc.
Macadamia nuts are stored and used properly, almost absolutely safe, with no recorded cases of side effects or allergies. However, if you eat too many macadamia nuts at once, it will cause throat discomfort due to its high-fat content, affecting digestion, as well as wasting nutrients that cannot be absorbed by the body. An adult can eat about 30 grams (equivalent to 15 nuts) of macadamia per day without worrying about gaining weight. However, we should not eat much and often roasted salted macadamia nuts because eating more salt than necessary will cause many harms to the body.
Raw California Walnuts In Shell
In ancient times, walnuts were called the nuts of the gods. These days, after much research, scientists call walnuts the king of nuts because of the amazing health benefits they bring.
Walnuts protect you from the inside out, from head to toe. Let’s explore the wonderful benefits of this fruit for human health.
Walnuts are one of the most nutritious and healthy nuts.
-Improve heart health. Walnuts have been considered heart-healthy nuts. Studies over the decades have shown that walnuts have countless heart benefits and are more effective than any other nut on earth. These benefits come from the omega-3 fatty acids, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants found in the walnuts themselves.
-Walnuts strengthen arteries. In addition to protecting the heart, walnuts also have a great effect on patients with high blood pressure and make the artery lining healthier.
-Prevent gallstones. Data collected from a survey of more than 80,000 people over two decades of research shows that walnuts can prevent gallstones. So, if you are facing the risk of gallstones or do not want to carry this disease, you should eat walnuts every day.
-Bone protection. The rich nutrition found in walnuts will help keep your bones strong even in old age. People who regularly eat walnuts will not face mineral depletion that causes bones to weaken in old age.
-Supporting the development of young children. Using walnuts will provide a large amount of omega-3 for the body, helping children to be smarter, brain development. At the same time, children are also supplemented with some essential and important ingredients such as phosphorus, some vitamins…
-Replenish kidney and yang in men. The most important role of walnuts for men is its ability to help men increase libido. Impotence is one of the things that makes men very self-conscious, making their married life unhappy.
Some components in walnuts help men’s sperm to be stronger, increase the ability to survive, move, balance sperm morphology to increase the ability to conceive. If the sperm is weak, it will be very difficult to reach the egg and fertilize it. Therefore, walnuts are also considered a nutritious food to help increase the ability to have children, support the treatment of infertility cases.
-Get a good night’s sleep. When eating walnuts, your body will be naturally supplied with melatonin, helping you fall asleep easier, sleep better, and sleep more deeply.
-Control blood sugar. Through several trials studying the effects of walnuts on diabetes, many scientists showed that walnuts improved insulin levels in the body of people with diabetes. Insulin is a substance that controls blood sugar levels. Thus, improving insulin levels with walnuts also means reducing diabetes.
-Cancer prevention. A number of scientific studies drawn from trials show that walnuts contain substances such as alpha-linoleic acid, a plant fatty acid, which, when combined with the omega-3 component in walnuts, will have an anti-inflammatory effect. growth and expansion of cancer cells. The antioxidants in walnuts also help prevent the aging of cells and the body.
Walnuts have a lot of health benefits, but if used too much is not good, you should pay attention to the amount and frequency of consumption because walnuts are high in oxalates, which is one of the reasons that contribute to kidney stones.
Dried fruit and nut mixture
L’Orenta Gourmet Fruit & Nut Mix
If you want to supplement nutrients from seeds as well as nutrients from fruits, a combination of dried fruit and dried seeds is a great option.
The mixture of nutritious seeds is quite diverse with the combination of many different types of seeds to bring certain functions, especially to avoid causing boredom when eating a nut. Suppliers of mixed nuts often combine nutritious nuts with great benefits such as Macadamia nuts, Pistachios, Almonds, zucchini, ……
If you want to give a nutritious gift that can be given to both children, pregnant people, the elderly, Holiday Dried Fruit & Nut Gift will be a great choice.
When you hear about mixed nuts, also known as mix nuts, you will probably find them quite familiar. However, eating a lot of seeds can be boring for many people, also because each type of nut contains a certain amount of oil. Therefore, mixing more dried fruits with a mixture of nuts will increase the taste buds for people, especially pregnant women and the elderly.
The mixture of nutritional seeds is quite diverse with the combination of many different types of seeds to bring certain functions, especially to avoid causing boredom when eating a type of nut. Suppliers of mixed nuts often incorporate nutritious nuts that bring great benefits to typical consumers such as Macadamia nuts, Pistachios, Almonds, zucchini, ……
Besides, in addition to people choosing to eat a mixture of nuts together, recently people have also combined a type of dry fruit to increase the feeling of the user. The dried fruits are mixed with raisins, whole raisins, cranberries, dried plums… Purely dried, without sugar, keeping the original flavor of the fruit, so the selection Choosing a jar of mixed nuts and dried fruit for diet is a perfect choice here.
This mixed grain product is like a synthesis, harmonizing the functions of each type of food, helping users to receive maximum and comprehensive support in terms of health.
The product includes nuts such as walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, cashews, peanuts, … in addition, grapes are added to create a new sense of taste, increasing the variety of experiences. consumption. Most people already know that the use of nuts will bring many benefits to health and beauty, but there are still other uses below.
– Delicious mixed seeds can be used during Tet, holidays, or as snacks, snacks, traveling, camping, watching movies, …
– The product is both delicious and contains many minerals, vitamins A, C, K, zinc, calcium, iron, … to support health.
Abundant fiber helps good digestion, stimulates appetite.
– Besides, creating a feeling of fullness, no appetite, effective dieting, and weight loss.
Uses of dried mixed seeds:
– Good for the heart: Mixed seeds contain nutrients that help keep the heart healthy, reduce cholesterol in the blood, prevent hardening of the arteries, regulate and stabilize blood pressure, and reduce heart-related diseases such as pulse, stroke.
Reduce the risk of cancer: Seeds contain natural antioxidants, which help prevent the attack of free radicals, reducing the risk of cancer.
Good for digestion: Abundant fiber content helps laxatives, promotes good digestion, eliminates toxins in the intestinal tract, helps better absorption.
– Good for pregnant women: Nuts are very good for pregnant women are a healthy and scientific snack, they provide comprehensive nutrients for mother and baby, and help prevent constipation during pregnancy. Seeds contain Omega-3 which is good for the baby’s intelligence.
– Is an ideal food for weight loss: Contains a lot of fiber, so when you consume nuts, you will feel full for a long time, without cravings, thereby supporting safe and effective weight loss.
Research also shows that nuts have a physiological effect, helping to increase the ability to conceive.
– Mixed particles support beautifying the skin, making the skin smooth, full of vitality, and anti-aging.
– The mixture includes many types of dried fruits such as grapes, plums, oranges, and dates along with dried nuts such as walnuts, pistachios, and pumpkin seeds to enhance flavor and bring high nutritional value.
– In general, dried fruits and dried seeds are extremely nutritious foods. However, if you eat too much, it will cause some unwanted side effects like the article listed above. So please have moderation in eating dried fruits and nuts, just eat in moderation. At a certain level, avoid eating too much, causing things you shouldn’t have.
In the past, many people believed that dried fruits would lose the available nutrients. However, it is necessary to properly understand this issue. The loss of nutrients after the drying process is due to the use of high-temperature drying. Currently, the technology of sublimation drying, also known as vacuum freeze-drying, can retain almost the full nutritional value of fresh fruit from color, flavor to minerals. So you are completely assured of the quality and nutritional value of the product. Hopefully, this article has provided useful information about the benefits as well as the disadvantages of dried fruit to help you easily make the right choices for your needs. If you have any comments or distribution for our product review, please contact us.