Green tea is not only great gifts for tea lovers but also one of the best natural antioxidants out there, it has a high content of flavonoids which makes it an excellent drink to fight diseases, premature aging, free radicals and to lose weight. There are many ways to take green tea to burn fat and lose weight, then make mention of the 5 most known ways of drinking green tea for weight loss.
- Why drinking green tea for weight loss?
- 5 Ways to Take Green Tea to Burn Fat and Lose Weight
- Variants of green tea to lose weight
- Considerations when taking green tea
Why drinking green tea for weight loss?
The effectiveness of this drink to lose weight is based on 4 key factors:
- Stimulates caloric expenditure, which directly influences body weight.
- Accelerates metabolism and increases the action of digestive enzymes.
- Acts as a potent diuretic that prevents fluid retention and promotes the elimination of toxins.
- Reduces accumulated fat. Green tea can inhibit lipolysis, the process by which fats (triglycerides) break down in the body. Inhibition of the breakdown of triglycerides prevents the absorption of fat, thus ensuring that not much weight will be gained. In addition to this, green tea catechins inhibit an important enzyme that speeds up metabolism, thereby increasing calorie burning.
Click to know What kind of green tea is best for weight loss.
5 Ways to Take Green Tea to Burn Fat and Lose Weight
These benefits can be taken advantage of by drinking tea in its different presentations, either as an infusion, in cold tea or in pills. The importance for its effectiveness lies in being constant and measuring the right amount.
1. Take 3 times a day after every meal
The most effective way of drinking green tea for weight loss is to be consistent in taking after every meal. Immediately 20- 30 minutes after breakfast, lunch, and dinner. This prevents the absorption of iron from food and at the same time encourages the burning of fats and acceleration of metabolism.
2. Green tea in weight-loss pills
Green tea can also be consumed in capsules, so a pill after each main meal will be enough to get its benefits. The capsules have the same active ingredients as an infusion, act as an antioxidant and stimulate the thermogenesis process.
3. Take green tea fasting in the morning
Following the same pattern of taking between 3 to 4 cups a day, can be taken in the morning on an empty stomach and mixed with lemon juice to enhance its slimming effect. Then 30 minutes after lunch and for the last 1 hour before going to sleep.
4. Cold Green Tea Juice
Another way to enjoy the fat burning benefits of this drinking green tea for weight loss is to make it in a rich cold juice with green tea. Preparing this drink is extremely simple, proceed to make an infusion and let it stand, once this cold is mixed with lemon, mint, ice, and sweetener. It can be taken 30 minutes after each meal.
5. Green tea with chia seeds
Chia seeds are full of fiber, protein and omega 3 fatty acids. Prepare a drink with these two ingredients, for example, a chia seed milkshake with green tea helps burn fat way Very effective. Polyunsaturated omega-3 fatty acids can improve the bioavailability of green tea’s antioxidants, enhancing their effect to lose weight.
What kind of green tea is best for weight loss.
Variants of green tea to lose weight
This drink is very versatile, can be prepared in many different ways, for example as in these variants:
- Beaten avocado is a very rich and energetic drink, which provides the nutrients needed to lose weight.
- With baking soda: bicarbonate provides properties that help you lose weight and can be combined with an infusion of green tea to take advantage of all its benefits and vary slightly, although the taste may be somewhat unpleasant, the results are really effective.
- Green tea with lemon and ginger: these three components boost each other, being an infallible recipe to lose weight.
- Preparation of green tea water: this preparation is perfect to be taken throughout the day, from morning to night. It has no limit since it consists of the same three cups of tea mixed with four cups of water. It can be combined with lemon and some sweetener to improve the flavor. With this modality, the diuretic effect is enhanced.
- Green tea with mint. This drink only contains 9 calories. It is a refreshing green tea recipe that helps in weight loss that also uses the benefits of mint. Peppermint helps for satiety and also prevents future hunger cravings that may occur during the day. Peppermint is also an excellent digestive and burns fat in the body. You need 1/2 cup of fresh mint leaves, 2 teaspoons of green tea and a teaspoon of honey or stevia to sweeten (optional).
Considerations when taking green tea
This drink, like other tea, has a stimulant substance known as teina. Therefore, your consumption should be monitored in the evening hours to avoid side effects such as insomnia. In addition, its excessive consumption is not recommended in pregnant women, children or people with problems of hypertension.
- Never drink more than 5 cups a day, as it can cause tachycardia, diarrhea or headaches.
- Avoid taking other medicines together, or consult a doctor if necessary.
- People who have problems with tension or anemia should be especially careful since the consumption of this can hinder the absorption of iron in the body.
The most suitable for your consumption is to add an approximate 3 grams of green tea so that the daily consumption does not exceed 10 grams. For healthy drinking green tea for weight loss, it is recommended to consult with a medical specialist before starting any tea consumption since although it is natural products, it can present significant side effects.
Browse here if you want to know Which is the best tea to drink for weight loss.